6 large red beets (2 cups when grated)
1 cup quinoa
1 1/2 cup of black beans
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 to 3 teaspoons smoked paprika, to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Boil the beets or roast the cubes of beets for 30 minutes. This time I chose to boil them
- After boiling for about 30 mins, cool them and grate.
- At the same time, boil a cup of quinoa and the black beans (soak the black beans overnight).
- Transfer the beets to a large bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. If the texture is too mushy add more bread crumbs uBurntil you obtain the desired consistency.
- With slightly wet hands, shape the burgers and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes on one side, then flip over and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve the burger at the same day or refrigerate and have it for tomorrow!
I hope you will try this recipe and fall in LOVE with beetroot!