2 medium sized sweet potatoes
For the filling
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 garlic clove, minced
Juice 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoons sweet paprika
3 fresh tomatoes
1 cup kale, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon fine grain salt
- Cut sweet potatoes in half (lengthwise) and poke holes in the potatoes before you cook them!
- Preheat oven to 200º.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake for about 40 minutes, on 200 degrees, and they should be pretty tender. You can also cook them in the microwave – on high power, it takes only 8-10 minutes (though I never tried it in the microwave, just read it in the recipes).
- At the same time spread chickpeas on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy.
- Prepare guacamole by roughly mashing avocado, chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, lemon juice and spices together.
- At the last 10 – 15 mins of cooking, I took the chickpeas out and exchanged them with kale.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, take them out. Mash sweet potato with avocado (I just did it with a fork). Then add the chickpeas and kale on top!
- Eat them as a meal or serve with some salad on the side.