- ~3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 500 g tofu
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 long pepper for the top
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds combined with 6 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Cut potatoes into thin slices. Add to pie dish and drizzle with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix 2 tbsp. chia seeds with 6 tbsp. water and place in the fridge for 15 mins.
- While crust is baking, prepare broccoli, carrots, onion, and garlic by adding them to the food processor.
- To prepare tofu filling, add drained tofu to a food processor with 1/4 tsp each sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the blended broccoli and tofu to a mixing bowl, mix well with all the spices. Add chia seeds too.
- When the crust is ready, add the mixture to the crust and spread into an even layer. Add the sliced long pepper on top.
- Bake quiche at 180 degrees for a total of 30–40 minutes or until top appears golden brown and firm.
- Let cool briefly and then serve with fresh herbs and vegetables, legumes.
- Store leftovers loosely covered in the fridge for up to two days or freeze for longer. Reheat in the microwave or in an oven.